JRM Preschool is Hiring!
Do you like working with kids? Do you like creating and developing creative curriculum for preschoolers? Do you have an appreciation for Judaism and the role of Reform Judaism? Jennifer Meade Rosen Preschool is the place for you! We are looking to grow our team!
Preschool Director, Jennifer Rosen Meade Preschool
For more than 27 years, Temple De Hirsch Sinai has offered families a warm and nurturing Jewish education for their children. Begun as a part-time program, Jennifer Rosen Meade Preschool now offers both full- and part-time options to serve families’ needs in a play-based environment. Combining the highest quality secular care and education with a love for Jewish life and learning, our preschool offers a welcoming introduction to our synagogue community.
The preschool is in Bellevue, Washington; our other campus is in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. Together, our campuses serve the entire Seattle metropolitan area. Temple’s 115+ year history as a beacon of Reform Judaism in the Pacific Northwest offers a strong foundation for our contemporary and innovative community to thrive. Serving our community’s youngest members is a critical component of our mission and our strategic plan.
The Preschool Director leads the school in all its aspects. Because our school has been so successful in building community, our strategic plan calls for the establishment of a preschool in Seattle; the Preschool Director will be involved in that future effort as well.
THE WORK OF THE DIRECTOR
The Director is responsible for all aspects of running our licensed program and creating a warm, nurturing and welcoming community for our families. This includes (but not limited to) recruiting, hiring and training teachers and other staff; ensuring compliance with all licensing requirements; developing and overseeing curriculum; working with clergy to infuse Judaism into the life of the school; budgeting and fiscal oversight; collaborating with other staff on marketing, facilities, planning and other aspects of school management; and communicating with families . The Director supervises preschool teaching and support staff directly. The Director is a member of Temple’s senior staff and participates in regular staff meetings and related activities.
This position is located at the Bellevue campus, located in the Eastgate neighborhood, convenient to I-90 (parking is provided). Hours are generally Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, although the schedule is flexible. Occasional local travel may be required to offsite meetings, as is after-hours attendance at events, services and meetings from time-to-time.
Any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is qualifying. This would typically include:
Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or related field, or equivalent experience
- Teaching experience in a preschool setting (at least 3 years) (Jewish preschool experience preferred but not required).
- Supervisory/leadership role in a school setting (at least 3 years) (Jewish preschool experience preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of pre-school licensing requirements
- Love of children
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including responsiveness in both written and voice communications; warmth and positivity
- Experience with Teaching Strategies Gold or Creative Curriculum
- Knowledge of Jewish practice and traditions or willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to build community
This position is supervised by the Executive Director.
This position provides supervision of Preschool Full Time/Lead Teacher and Co-Teachers.
- Responsible for maintaining control of and accounting for the whereabouts and safety of the children in care and ensuring children depart with authorized person.
- Interacts with children using approved child guidance and development techniques in a positive nurturing environment while sustaining children’s interest and promoting positive interactions with other children and adults.
- Prepares, arranges and maintains program environment areas and materials based on observed needs of individual children ranging in age from 4 weeks to 5 years using Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Have fun!
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Great personality
- Loves working with kids
- BA or CDA
- 1-2 years experience teaching or creating curriculum for 4 months – 5 years