TEACHING STRATEGIES CURRICULUM
At JRM Preschool, we use Creative Curriculum & Teaching Strategies Gold for the foundation of the program, from how we set up the classroom environments, to the daily schedule, to the lesson plans.
Teachers observe each child weekly to see where he/she is on the development continuum. Then the teachers choose activities that offer the child the opportunity to practice and master the developmental skills he/she is working on.
The Creative Curriculum & Teaching Strategies Gold:
- Detailed guidance for providing intentional, responsive care.
- Research-based objectives: 38 objectives for development and learning at the curriculum’s core.
- Focus on routines and experiences: Support for routine times and guidance for engaging children in daily experiences.
- Integrating learning into every part of the day.
- Intentional teaching experiences and more support for individualizing instruction.
- The 38 research-based objectives are at the heart of everything we do and they define the path teachers take with the children in their classroom. They inform every aspect of teaching, include predictors of school success, and are aligned with state early learning guidelines – Washington Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (WaKIDS).
- Our objectives for development and learning span from birth through third grade. They enable teachers to see children’s development and learning along a progression across the whole of the early childhood years.
- The objectives cover 10 areas of development and learning, including broad developmental areas, content areas, and English language acquisition.